The mission of Neighborhood Watch is to support safety and security efforts for all Rancho Bernardo residents. It is all about Neighbors Helping Neighbors.
WHAT IS NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH?
Neighborhood Watch is a crime prevention program that enlists the active participation of residents in cooperation with law enforcement to reduce crime, solve problems, and improve the quality of life in your area. You will get to know and work with your neighbors, and learn how to:
- Recognize and report crimes, and suspicious activities,
- Protect yourself, your family, and your property,
- Protect your neighbor’s family and property, and
- Identify crime and disorder problems in your area and work with SDPD personnel to solve them.
- Not only does the NHW Program encourage citizens to help in the fight against crime, the organization provides an opportunity for communities to bond through service.
The Rancho Bernardo NHW Program is an all-volunteer organization partnering with the San Diego Police Department. The purpose of NHW is to enhance the safety and security of the Rancho Bernardo area by supporting the Block Captains serving the individual neighborhoods.